Friday, November 20, 2009

A Yearning for Hajj


Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabaraktuh

InshaAllah you are all in the best of health and highest of eemaan

The great days of Dhul-Hijjah began on Wednesday 18th November alhamdulillah. I'm not going to talk about these days in terms of what we should do because I will advice you to please read the following entries by fellow bloggers to understand its significance and importance:

http://alternativeentertainment.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/the-first-ten-days-of-dhu%E2%80%99l-hijjah-2/

http://diaryofamuslimgirl.blogspot.com/

http://muslimmatters.org/2009/11/17/retread-the-10-best-days-yasir-qadhi-video/ (theres a post and a link to Shaykh Yasir Qadhi video here)

http://www.happymuslimah.com/

http://www.igotitcovered.org/

Though all the links have information and advice regarding these days they are varied so i advise that you try read all of them,they arent too long!(honest)


For me when Eid-ul-Fitr ends and the talk of hajj begins and people start preparing for it thats when i start to feel a little sad. The reason being is that I have never been to hajj or to umrah and the emotions I have from the previous years are rekindled again and I begin to yearn for hajj.

Again this year i've been relying on good old Islam channel(Sky 813) and been watching it live twice a day whenever I can catch up with it. The vision of the millions of people performing tawaaf around the ka'bah,praying at the Harem where the reward of praying one salaah is multiplied many times and people drinking zam zam water,all just make me yearn for hajj and its experience. I imagine being there and seeing the ka'bah for the first time,how emotional would that be. Another aspect is the demonstration of unity of the muslim community,the ummah during hajj overwhelms me as everyones purpose is ONE,thier clothes is ONE,and their call is ONE.

I also think of the historical significance. The place and its link with the prophets (peace be upon them). It is the place where Ibraheem (AS) was commanded by his Lord to leave his wife Hajrah and baby son Ismaeel(peace be upon them) and she ran between the hills of Safa and Marwa to look for water. Allah has honoured her and now all the millions that perform Hajj be they men or women follow her footsteps and also run from Safa and Marwa. The water of Zam Zam that Ismaeel(Peace be upon him) was blessed with is still drunk every day by millions without running out subhanAllah.

It is also offcourse the place where our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him,his family and companions)was born,the place where he got married and lived together with our mother Khadijah (May Allah be pleased with her) The mountain of Hira where the Prophet (Peace be upon him) recieved the first revelation. Scared he ran to his beloved wife Khadijah,and she comforted him.It was the place where the enemies of Islam tortured many muslims and place of Islam's first matyr,Summayah (May Allah be pleased with her). Many years later it was the place where the Prophet(Peace be upon him) returned and took over Makkah,yet he was a humble with his eyes down and offering amnesty to those who tortured him,his family and companions for years before.

And offcourse most importantly its a command by Allah to perform hajj for those who can afford it and are physically able to do so. I was watching an interview with brother Baba Ali from ummah films and he said he and his wife saved money in an envelope for hajj and it took them 8 years mashaAllah.I pray that one day I will be in the position to go hajj inshaAllah and that Allah accepts it ameen. I pray that Allah grants all the hujjaj and accepted hajj,and gives all those who haven't been yet the ability and strength to do so ameen.

I have to remind myself though of the importance of these days and even though i'm not at hajj I can still do plenty here inshaAllah and gain Allah's love,pleasure and forgivness inshaAllah. May Allah keep my intentions pure and save me from all types of evil ameen.

All that I have said which was good is from Allah and all that I have said which was bad is from me and shaytaan and may Allah forgive me for it ameen.

Please remember me in du'as everyones and inshaAllah i hope we ALL take advantage of these days.

Until next time inshaALlah
wasalam

No comments: